July 10 I went to Staunton, IL to race in the Tour de Donut. Imagine 1,247 people racing 30.7 miles and taking a quick stop for donuts . . . okay for some of us the stop wasn't quite as quick. Officially I finished 244th out of EVERYONE! Out of the 20–29 year-old women I came in 5th. After 9 donuts my adjusted time was 1 hour 33 minutes 13 seconds. Pretty decent I'd say. I wanted to share a couple pictures from my trip.
A friend and I stopped at Lambert's (home of the throwed rolls) in Sikeston, MO on the way. I ordered a chef salad for my pregame meal. Turns out, it was bigger than me.

This is me waiting for the race. I'm too cool to face the camera. You know how it is. I'm in the middle, in green, camelback, no helmet.

I did eventually put my helmet on.

and I did eventually eat some donuts. This is my second stop. I'd eaten 6 at the first stop and thought I was doing great until I saw these donuts. Then I just wanted to run away. This is me trying to look like I'm enjoying eating 3 more. I wasn't.

I crawled back on my bike, and, eventually this happened.

I made it! For some reason, I didn't feel like eating the rest of the day. I don't know. I guess 2700 calories of pure sugar will do that to a person.
So, this was really fun. I had a friend from my Young Single Adult Branch go up with me, we camped, she took pictures, and it was a lot of fun (except for the last donuts). It was fun to do a bike race and think I would like to do another one sometime.
This is what I'm doing with my summer.
1 comment:
Way to go Rach! You are amazing!
Post a Comment