26 August 2010

a.m.

Whoppers.

That's what I used to wake up the first week of school. During the summer I'd stopped hearing my alarm clock. So, I got a box of whoppers and told myself that as soon as I woke up I'd eat a bunch of whoppers and it worked. I got out of bed on time every morning.

The first two weeks of school were charmed. My students followed my rules. My students did exactly what they were supposed to. My students learned! This week I've hit a couple road bumps. On Monday morning I looked at my role and discovered I had 60 new students. I've now got one class that I'm fighting tooth and nail to maintain control of. No, actually, I'm fighting to get control. Today someone threw up in that class. It's not perfect in my other classes, but they're still great, they're working, class is really good. I'm excited for this school year. I'm amazed at the way things are going and am really interested to see if I can get my 3/4 block to settle down. Yep, I think this is the year I wanted when I came back.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Haha! Aren't the first few weeks of school great? :)