I was in my classroom, cleaning things up. I grabbed my poster boards (which just happened to still be in the cardboard container they came in. Cardboard. Never have cardboard if you don't like cockroaches. Or coffee. Or alcohol.) I don't know how it happened, I think my hand touched it, but suddenly a cockroach came flying off the container and landed on its back. It was lucky it couldn't flip itself over or else we would have both experienced a much longer period of terror and frantic scrambling. I saw it, freaked out a little, stomped on it with way too much emotion and power, then began looking around for it. I thought I'd missed it. I hadn't. It looked gross. Because there were no toilets nearby, I scooped it up on a sheet of paper, threw it in the trash, put the container back, and ran for my car as quick as I could. I figured I'd done my cleaning for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment