This morning I woke up. My eyes were tired, I wasn't seeing well. I went to pick up a piece of wood that was laying on the floor and it moved. I freaked out. People shouldn't see wood moving at 4:00 in the morning. It's not natural. I tried finding it, but it was moving really fast. I did, however see that it was some sort of horrific spider. I decided I should just take my shower, it was too early to look for bugs. I talked myself out of it because I knew it would haunt me forever if I didn't get it. So I started tearing my room apart, chasing it around, trying to step on it. My poor neighbors downstairs, I don't know what they thought. I finally got a good look at it and realized it was a cockroach.
Seriously? Haven't I had enough of that one?
I thought about just getting into the shower.
Instead, I started throwing things around again, I finally stepped on it (thank goodness it wasn't bigger than my foot), then stepped on it four more times. Then I ran into the shower so I didn't have to look at it.
As I got in the shower I was frightened that maybe it didn't die after all and it would still haunt me as the one that got away. When I got out, I ran into my room with half a roll of toilet paper to pick it up, put it in the toilet and flushed. Twice. That always makes me feel so much better.
Now, because there's been entirely too much talk of bugs on this blog, here's that project I've been working on. They're slightly cute, and definitely in season. I'm thinking about half again as many and the wall will be complete.
Happy Halloween!

Caution: do not scroll down unless you want to be freaked out by the thing that was in my shoe. Seriously. The last post was a killer. Not really. But seriously.
3 comments:
I love your wall!! I keep thinking I want to decorate for Halloween, but now it's almost Halloween, so maybe I'll start thinking about decorating for Thanksgiving instead. The bats turned out really cute though! Where is this? Your kitchen? I imagined it to almost be our kitchen at Stadium Terrace...but then I remembered you lived in Memphis now.
Thank you for not posting a picture of your squished cockroach. I am really glad that you didn't let it get away though...
Oh yeah, and I almost did scroll down further, but thanks to your warning, I did not have to be offended by the sight of the wasp. Thanks!! ;)
This is the dining area, just outside the kitchen. Maybe you could make bats, and then cut out colorful feathers to turn them into turkeys after Sunday. That could be neat.
Post a Comment