Over the break I worked on some plans to help my struggling (read food-throwing) class behave a little better and learn a lot more. Monday I ended up with bbq sauce on my board. But the last 3 days have been a little different. My students are still disruptive, they still don't pay attention for the most part, but my board's been clean. This is the longest consecutive streak I've had with a clean board for 2 months. Now, it's possible part of the good luck comes from a high number of students still being absent from class. It's possible the cafeteria stopped serving sauces, fruit, and condiments to freshman. A lot of things are possible, but I think it's possible I'm making some headway. At least, that's the one I hope it is.
In unrelated news, I finished my M.Ed. 1 year and 2 months. That's how long it took while I was working 70-80 hour weeks. I'm a little bit proud of that.
Finally, because it's a phenomenon that makes me laugh, I have to mention the new fad I see at school. It seems everyone got one of
these for Christmas. Now, it is slightly cool to have headphones in your sweatshirt. But the way it looks for someone to have sweatshirt strings hanging out of their ears is just plain strange. I guess that's the way we roll here though.
1 comment:
4 days! :)
Post a Comment