6 years ago today I was in New York, holding hands with a man, at the top level of the Empire State Building. That was a good V-day, actually it was a great one. I haven't seen the man since that day (sigh). . . . Actually, I hadn't ever seen him before that day. He was kind of a stranger. I don't even know if he liked me . . .
6 years ago today I was flying to Russia to begin my time there as an LDS missionary. I wasn't really holding hands with a strange man I'd never met, it was more like shaking hands. I did a lot of that in those days. I didn't ever set foot in the Empire State Building, but I'm sure at some point in my plane trip that day I was level with the top floor of the Empire State Building. It really was a great day.
I won't wax too eloquent right now about the things I learned and loved there (although I learned and loved a lot). I will say that I love God for the things he did for me, and everyone I love, while I served a mission. I am confident that God wants good things for each of us in life, and Valentine's Day 6 years ago was the start of a really good thing for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment