I decided I needed to grow a garden. I thought my intuition was pretty good, so I bought some seeds, planted them, and then . . . nothing happened. For a long time. My lettuce had trouble, my basil had trouble. I had trouble. Finally, after a month or so of watering, the watermelon started to poke out. And I waited some more. Over two months later I finally saw something neat.
This pea-sized watermelon has since grown to a little bigger than the size of my hand. I don't know if it, or it's friend that came later, will ripen before the frost comes, but I've got a lot of hope. The last month or so I've been dreaming of watermelon slushes, fruit salad, and a possible repeat of the watermelon ice cream incident (we did swear that would be a once-in-a-lifetime event, but maybe it'll taste better with a home-grown watermelon and NOT toffee flavored ice cream . . . maybe?).
Apparently I can grow something intuitively, I just hope it intuitively knows when I'm going to be ready to eat it.
This pea-sized watermelon has since grown to a little bigger than the size of my hand. I don't know if it, or it's friend that came later, will ripen before the frost comes, but I've got a lot of hope. The last month or so I've been dreaming of watermelon slushes, fruit salad, and a possible repeat of the watermelon ice cream incident (we did swear that would be a once-in-a-lifetime event, but maybe it'll taste better with a home-grown watermelon and NOT toffee flavored ice cream . . . maybe?).
Apparently I can grow something intuitively, I just hope it intuitively knows when I'm going to be ready to eat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment