I was talking to Natalie about two weeks ago. I was talking to her about the things that are just plain going wrong and how I didn't really want to go back to work. She told me I could always just get abducted by aliens. She was right, aliens would be a good reason to not go back to work. Were I abducted, even if they brought me back right away, I think I would probably just let my principal know that I'd been abducted by aliens and didn't think I should come back to work . . . ever.
I thought about that again today and aliens could be kind of fun.
Although this has not been the favorite choice I've made, I'm still grateful for it. This is what I chose, this is what I wanted what I graduated college, and whatever direction this school year goes, I'm grateful to be here because I would have wondered what it would have been like and if I could have done it. I think I'm going to find out if I can do it.
As a side note, sometimes I kind of feel like I've been abducted by aliens who talk in a completely different language ("I'm finna do it!"), have strange clothes (who wears shorts over their boxers under their dress pants? really, I suddenly know too many people who do), and eat things with names like black-eyed peas, chittlens, pigs feet.
1 comment:
Rachel, I'm rootin' for ya. You and those...roaches that Natalie was telling me about. *shudder* You can do it! It will probably be an experience that will be "more precious than of gold" to you by the time it's over. You might just have to get to the "over" part to really feel that way.
Post a Comment