I have a student that understands! This little girl has been cutting my class and sneaking out since almost day 1. Today I caught her (just barely) before she made it out the door. I've been telling her she's not allowed to go to the restroom until after Thanksgiving, and she was working it today trying to get out. But, I stopped her, and we worked on finding domain and range and she understood, and she finally smiled because she understood. Wow. Talk about a little celebration. I am not confident she'll be able to do it tomorrow, but I know that for at least a couple minutes she felt real good in my class (yes, I know that's awful English, but I'm going to leave it there anyway because that's how I talk now).
4th block was awful, and I only had 1/2 my students. That's a bad sign. But, I've got one student who understood today (actually a few more than just the one understood)! That's a good start.
2 comments:
Good for you, and good for your students! Amazing what small things can cause for a fireworks show in your heart, isn't it?
yay! through small and simple things, great things shall come to pass. You are doing a great job Rach! We love you
Post a Comment