We took our End of Course test today. All of the 9th graders were in desks in the gym. I wish I could have had a picture of it, but it reminded me of the BYU testing center. I was impressed with how well behaved they were, and I'm pretty hopeful about what's going to come out of it. Hopefully I'll know how my students scored in the next week or two.
To finish out the year we've got an interesting mix. I've decided to show my students Stand and Deliver this year, I'm not sure if they'll be able to relate to the students in the film, but I hope it will be inspiring. We still have to do a monster unit on factoring, and then we'll finish with a practice ACT. I think (and hope) it's going to be jam-packed. I feel like my lessons keep getting better and better, classroom management is still a sore spot, but I know now I really like math.
I'll be teaching a GED program this summer and am really excited about that. I'm still not sure where I'll go or what I'll do after the summer, but I am thinking remedial math at a junior or community college sounds like a great idea. 18 days. Yeah, I think I can do that and I think my kids can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment