Just over a month ago I was playing frisbee and right in the middle of it all, for absolutely no reason, my big toe started hurting like CRAZY. I thought I'd strained my toe somehow but didn't know how. I left the field feeling pretty inept, and limped around for the next week on it. After six or seven days I thought it was getting better. It still hurt, but not near as much.
Just over a week ago I stubbed my toe. It hurt. Real bad. So, I went to a podiatrist who took x-rays, poked around, asked me questions, printed a shoe list, and told me to try a boot for two weeks. So, I'm trying a boot for two weeks. These are the adventures of boot and me.
I wasn't sure what to think at first.

But, I got over my misgivings. And since then we've been doing everything together!
We went to see the Mississippi. This is the view on the way to Memphis. Please notice the tree near the bottom left. It's almost covered with water. That's not normal.

This is what the river looks like when it's trying to get onto the interstate.

I was a little nervous.

But boot really took it like a champ.

Boot has a calming influence on me. We've done other things together, like go to work, go on dates, paint houses, say prayers, make dinner, everything. Boot tried to drive once though, I put my foot down there. There have to be some boundaries.
I can't tell if my toe's getting better or not. When it's in the boot it feels fine (unless I try to move real fast or something). When I take it off, most of the time it hurts, but sometimes it's okay. I'll go back to the podiatrist in a week and see what she has to say. Until then, boot and I are minding our p's and q's.
3 comments:
LOL oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard!!! P.S. I really like your hair I think you look super cute.
I've never read such a touching story about a girl and her boot. *wiping a tear* Good job, boot, for being strong for Rachel near the river!
I love that you and Boot are friends! I almost had Boot come visit me last year, but I decided I could get along without him. Boy was I wrong. I'm still dealing with the pain [literally] of missing that opportunity. Make the most of your time together. Say hi for me, and I'm sorry.
Post a Comment