07 September 2011

my first 5k

On Memorial Day I ran the Chik-fil-A 5k. I've done 2 races in my life. A swim/run biathlon while at BYU (thanks for counting my laps Brooke!) and the Tour De Donut (a bike race) last summer. Because of my broken toe earlier this year I hadn't been running too much, but last Thursday I decided I thought I could run 3 miles, so now was as good a time as any to try it out. My official time was 28:53. I don't know where I placed overall, there were more than 2,000 runners and I think I had to pass about 1/2 of them before I could find a good pace. In my agegroup there were 162 ladies and I came in #33. I'll take that for my first run.
 
 
This summer has been a great one, and while I won't try to give y'all the 411 on everything I did, I think I will include proof that I went somewhere I'd never been before.
Stay tuned for more updates. I think I've officially made my return to the blogging scene and plan on saying my peace, amen a little more often.

2 comments:

brooke said...

Was this the day you got your really bad sunburn...? And hung out with "boot" on the beach all day?

Rachel said...

Yep. That's the one.