I'm here in Moscow for an internship. I thought that I would be learning how to kayak and then teaching smll children or tourists new to the sport. It seemed to me like a decent way to learn a little more about coaching and a great way to learn some more Rusian. It turns out that my coach doesn't work with small children or tourists, he trains prospective Olympic athletes. Seems how I don't know anything about kayaking, canoeing, or rowing, instead of working at the rowing canal, really I'm just working out. My coach told me that he'll let me set up training programs with his athletes, but nothing's come of it so far.
When I realized things weren't working out the way I had planned I decided to try and find a soccer team I could work with. Today is the day I go to the Russian Football Union and ask about working with a girls' soccer team. A bit nervous, fingers crossed, I hope it works out.
1 comment:
Good luck, Rachel-bug! I hope they decide to pay you a nominal fee -- and that it's really fun at the futbol stadium!
Love, Natalie :)
Post a Comment