I've been working a little on a project with my Russian students, trying to give them access to Russian culture. We've been talking the past couple of days about Russian music and so last night I got on the Internet and started looking for Russian rap music. I found some. There's plenty scandalous, but there's also some pretty good (?) stuff too. I think I might like Russian rap. Maybe a lot. Here's a link to the video that I showed my students in class today and they loved it, the girls especially, but everyone was pretty enthralled. It's by Джиган (Jigan?), who was the Ukrainian Kickboxing Champ twice, and features Юлия Савичева (Yulia Savicheva)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc3e_7qEAuA&NR=1
The second link I'm attaching is a bride rapping to her husband. It's a really cute video, my guess is a videographer caught it at the wedding and then put it together for them. I like it tons.
Maybe that's what I should do next. Maybe I need to become a Russian rapper. It'd be tight.
No comments:
Post a Comment