24 March 2011

show & tell

I have 27 days until my students take their End of Course Exam. I've had trouble keeping my students engaged for an entire period all year. This week I've started including some kind of fun things (frequently unrelated to math) that take only a couple of minutes to share (if that) but, hopefully, will capture my students attention so we can work like there's no tomorrow.

I've had mixed success with it. The experiment is 4 days old. I'm curious to see what will happen next week. I'm counting on increased student engagement.

Some of the things I've been finding are seriously funny or interesting, so I thought I'd share them on my blog. I added some links on the right, it's called Show & Tell, and plan on sharing some of the things I've been sharing in my classes. I hope y'all think they're as cool as I do.

No comments: