Today, I'm feeling like kind of a big deal :D
Teach For America has several communities where you can reach out for help, give advice, share resources with other TFA teachers and alumni. It's a little like Goodwill, you can find some really great stuff if you look hard, and sometimes you get lucky. For the last year and a half I've been frustrated by all (what seem to me) sub-standard resources folks upload I've had to sift through to find anything worthwhile. I decided I wouldn't upload anything unless I really felt like it was fabulous and would help someone else. Today is the day I finally posted on the Algebra content community.

That being said, the resources I posted are probably not fabulous. I posted an upcoming lesson plan to get some feedback and, hopefully, to make it better, but I put in a lot of effort to try and make it good so that someone else could pick up some good ideas. Maybe, after feedback, I'll be brave enough to post it in the resource exchange so that it can contend with the other resources and be a great find for someone else. We'll see.
I hope that y'all understand what I'm trying to explain. If none of that made sense, the short version is that I should be getting some feedback on a lesson plan I think is good, and I hope to make it great so I can share it openly with thousands of other teachers.
It's all part of what I do here in Memphis.
No comments:
Post a Comment