I'm never quite sure what to count as my first job. Can I count delivering newspapers at who knows what age I started, or was my first real job working at the Prairie Inn? In the course of my life I've done a lot of things to earn money (not even counting all the jobs I did at home for extra change/cash).
We've always talked about how versatile the Baird girls are. On a road trip a year or two ago, my younger sister and I decided to compare the number of jobs we'd had. We named jobs for something like an hour. She won. Last week my older sister told me I should write down a list of all the jobs I've had.
Because both of my sisters have blogs and their own illustrious work history (and hey, you ladies are two of the approximately four people who read this blog . . . if my sisters-in-law happen to still follow my blog, I'd LOVE to see your work history too, I'll bet it'd add a little spice to things), I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I challenge you to list your work history. You can be as detailed as you want, but I'd like to at least see a position title or description of what you did. I say you can count anything you were paid by another person to do as long as it wasn't immediate family (i.e. you can count selling your rock collection to strangers, you cannot count selling it to parents, you can count babysitting for aunts/uncles, you cannot count babysitting me . . . did anyone ever get paid for babysitting me? did we even have a chance to babysit cousins for $? no clue, but lest there be confusion that's the rule).
I'm compiling my list right now and, I'll warn you, it's kind of big. I'll try to post it later on this week or earlyish next week. I want to give y'all time to compile yours without cheating off mine.
We've always talked about how versatile the Baird girls are. On a road trip a year or two ago, my younger sister and I decided to compare the number of jobs we'd had. We named jobs for something like an hour. She won. Last week my older sister told me I should write down a list of all the jobs I've had.
Because both of my sisters have blogs and their own illustrious work history (and hey, you ladies are two of the approximately four people who read this blog . . . if my sisters-in-law happen to still follow my blog, I'd LOVE to see your work history too, I'll bet it'd add a little spice to things), I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I challenge you to list your work history. You can be as detailed as you want, but I'd like to at least see a position title or description of what you did. I say you can count anything you were paid by another person to do as long as it wasn't immediate family (i.e. you can count selling your rock collection to strangers, you cannot count selling it to parents, you can count babysitting for aunts/uncles, you cannot count babysitting me . . . did anyone ever get paid for babysitting me? did we even have a chance to babysit cousins for $? no clue, but lest there be confusion that's the rule).
I'm compiling my list right now and, I'll warn you, it's kind of big. I'll try to post it later on this week or earlyish next week. I want to give y'all time to compile yours without cheating off mine.
2 comments:
Hahaha I love it. You're on. I think I should be able to count my first business venture though--the back-scratching business I started around the age of six (made 1 nickel with that, thank you). Oh, and there was the art-selling business I started when I was eight or nine, too; although, I'm not sure I ever actually sold any pieces.
Lol, you were pretty industrious. I'm super interested to see all of our experience listed out. Back scratching would definitely add some depth to your list but I have a feeling your customers included Nick and . . . nope just Nick.
Post a Comment