09 November 2011

my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and I decided to celebrate I'd take 28 pictures of what I saw throughout the day. I didn't make it to 28 (in fact I only got 6), and I missed a couple of good ones because I'm not used to taking pictures, but here's what I saw.
 


I woke up at 6:00 ready to go, so I decided to go. This is what I found while I was driving around.

This is what I looked like while driving around. It was obviously too early for me.

This is where I was headed. I decided to take a hike while I was up. It was just a mile, but it was really nice to be outside and moving early in the morning. 

Later on Brandi, my roommate, and I went to The Commissary in Germantown for lunch. The hierarchy of ribs I've had is now Corky's, The Commissary, Rendezvous.
After lunch I went to the yarn store and had to share this with y'all.


 First, on the right, you maybe can't see it, but this woman isn't actually wearing the sweater-shirt she's "modeling". I think she just put her arms in the sleeves (somehow) because you can totally see the green shirt she's actually wearing sticking out on both sides.

Second, on the left, who knew Vanna, aka Bigfoot, was a knitter?


Later on my roommate made me a birthday cake, and she, Petr, and I played games. This is what we looked like after playing games. I don't know if Petr recently joined a gang or what, but it was obviously too late for all of us to be up.

 Let me just say that when I was little and we stayed at Uncle Bob's house Kellie and Kathy totally taught me how to suck my nose in like that. I think they would have been proud.

All-in-all it was a really great birthday, I think maybe I'd like to do it again, maybe next year, around this time? Hopefully I'll be able to get the other 22 pictures I missed today before then.

No comments: