01 November 2011

quilting

I made my first quilt! For a Relief Society project we decided to tie a quilt for a local women's shelter. I picked out the fabric and sewed together the easiest quilt top I could think of (with Brooke's advice). We needed to make a twin-sized quilt. We put it on a quilting frame unlike any I'd ever seen before and then taught a bunch of the sisters how to tie. We didn't even get to roll it once before the end of our activity. 

I came back later to tie it while watching Chariots of Fire (dun dun dun dun duuuuuun dun) and finished most of it. Then I took it down to Aunt Brenda's in Little Rock during General Conference and she helped me bind it. I think it turned out pretty good, although the one picture I've still got of it probably doesn't do it justice.

No comments: